Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 3, 2009

I survived the school board "Meet the Candidates Night". I was impressed with most of the candidates and even if I don't win I would be comfortable with *most of the candidates winning a seat except for two.

It was stated last night by another candidate how one of my opponents is running strictly on a personal agenda, and it was clear who that was. My question is; If you so badly want your children in Toms River Schools, then why not move to TOMS RIVER??

I don't understand the mind set of someone who chooses to live in Island Heights, full knowing the schools that the children attend, and then fighting to force the rest of the town to go to the school that you desire. It's simple, move.

I live here for Island Heights Grade School and also for Central Regional. Both small schools.

Anyway, I digress. At the assembly, I was flanked by Master's Degrees on both sides and I was a little bit intimidated, but I held my own.

I got the best advice this week some from very good friends; "speak slowly", "think of a calming place", "speak from your heart".
"Speak from your heart." Those were the words above all others that stuck in my head. I can do that, I do that everyday. One thing about me, I am led by my heart. I decided to run for school board because my heart led me to.

I hope that the people of Island Heights will feel that a passionate point of view will benefit their School Board. That is what I bring to the table, passion. I truly love this town and all it means. I feel as if the staff of Island Heights Grade School is an extension of my family. They care for my children much the same way I do. When do you get that in a public school?

Now it is up to the people of Island Heights. Win or lose, my fight will not be over. I will continue to fight for my town and our small school. I will keep the best interest of my children and the children of Island Heights first and foremost in my fight. I will continue to educate myself on consolidation and regionalization and I will continue to speak from my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment