Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 3, 2010

Mom's can party too

I am going to confess.....

I love my kids, but I also want to be a person.  Being a Mom is great, don't get me wrong, but it can't be ALL there is to life.  I only know a few Moms that will actually admit to this although, I suspect that there are many more Mom's that feel this way but are afraid to SAY it.

Well, why the hell not?  Mom Guilt?  Fear that other Mothers might judge you?  Newsflash, they already do.  Before Motherhood we were women, we had careers, we had friends, we had FUN.  Why should ALL of that cease just because we had a kid or two or six?

Of course it gets harder.  Of course our children come first, that goes without saying.  I love a wild night out with friends today as much as I did in my 20's but if one of my kids is sick or has a project due, or has a social function, my fun gets put on hold.

I have learned through 14 and a half years of parenting that I am a BETTER Mother when I get time for me.  I have learned that it's okay to go out with your spouse or a friend for the evening.  Hell, I even get drunk sometimes!  *GASP*

So, lets end the Mom guilt.  Call your girlfriends, grab another couple, get out of the house and let loose!  Your kids will be fine, and you just might feel like a human again!

And if another Mother judges you for it, she's probably jealous, invite her out next time, I bet she goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment